Monday, November 29, 2010

Gleam? Sparkle? Wonder? Reason? Choice?

Sparkly Reason
It boggled my mind again, this inner "voice" of mine. Constantly flashing colours, images, memories and thoughts. But the funny thing was, they were articulated towards one word that wasn't revealing itself. So I picked up a canvas, emptied out half a bottle of crimson poster paint on it, turned on the music and let my hands do the talking. Immersion was not instant but I knew as all my paintings do it would develop in its own time. Circles became curved crescents and those familiar rushes and then with a single move of my hand it was all gone in an instant. It occurred over and over again until my mind and hand agreed on what had resulted in their collaboration. As the paint slowly dried over the thinner areas, the word took form. 'Reason'. But the word did not fully support the piece. Every time I look at it I feel a sense of 'wonder' about everything around me, the clouds in the sky, the sound the patter of rain makes and the feeling that even when you feel like you're boxed in something always creeps up and there's more than one path to choose.


"Like a little child
With a sparkle in her eye
Her mind's window opened
To this crimson world's gleam.

Choice she heard, in one ear
Must be your own cheer.
Yet a craving she felt each night
To voice what she feared.

Then it was revealed
Wonder and reason must combine
For she would gain from it,
Something divine."

1 comment:

  1. Keep the reflection going as you do the painting. Move into materials too as your voice leads you. Is the poem yours? It's brilliant. :-)

    ReplyDelete