Friday, November 26, 2010

Bubble Bubble...

A trip down memory lane always brings to light a new beginning. Way back when (that would be about 12 years ago) I sat in the doorway to a grill enclosed tiny balcony and painting quite a realistic hornbill. Where the painting has gone... God alone knows. It isn't the painting itself that brings me back to this memory...but the urge inside of me that burns to smear paint on my hands or pick up a brush or sponge and create fine strokes or dab in circular motions or simply feel the coolness of the paint on my hand when its mixed with water. Although the urge to continue to create was constant and the medium changed over the years several times, it is the combination of the media that has led me to be able to use colour as a form of expression.

What words cannot do, the language of colour does far more.

Painting itself was tucked far behind at the back of mind for quite sometime but it never stopped me from using words to express myself or keep the juices flowing by sketching in every book and in every corner. Over a year ago, I was at a desk job craving for a catharsis and definitely a deep need for a creative outburst. The catharsis I'm not so sure about but the creative outburst was a definite yes.

Hence I commenced once again, brush to paper, to find my centre and to feel the rhythm flowing through my mind, flow through my fingers and show itself in colour, texture and pattern.

      

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome work buddy...:) Keep up with this and someday I could be bragging about how I knew Arielle the artist before she became famous :) Bravo..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Prady, you and everybody else :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kiddo - I am watching the process. It is truly artistic and the articulation is lovely. You can write beautifully and with flow and it shows in your work too. I can see the work also moving forward.
    God bless.
    Dada

    ReplyDelete