Friday, November 26, 2010

And the winds of change blend the windmill of colour...

Paper wasn't enough anymore... I needed more. Brushes were no longer enough. Patterns emerged in my mind and they wanted to be spilled out onto something more. Something that would endure longer than just sketch pad paper.

What got me to these textures and hues? Its been the constant movement of my mind in rhythm with the music that floats in the room while I indulge myself in the gooey texture of poster paints. Over the next few months, shades, tints, pattern, texture became all that mattered to me.

The layers and layers in each painting revealed more and more of myself and dared me to move beyond what I knew how to do.

Safe and Sound
Touch
Sunset Breeze
  

When Green Turns into True Blue 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing work. I like all your paintings, especially "Touch" and "When Green Turns into True Blue". Keep going....All the best.

    ReplyDelete