Saturday, April 2, 2011

The littlest littles...

Inspiration to me can be anything from a speck of dust to a big ole matriarch elephant. Two such instances for me to blend words together was a lost firefly who graced my pillow with its presence in the middle of the night and the first summer's rain that takes my breathe away every time. The way the scent shifts from dry to earthy awakens every atom and makes them jiggle ever so quickly. Its always interesting to try and see the world through the eyes of another. Empathy allows you to feel something that does not come naturally to see, hear, touch and taste as if the whole experience was in a different realm altogether.


The Firefly

- March 13, 2011
Oh! this feeling deep inside
To be carried to the otherside
In life and in dream 
Extensions
The two may become one to me.

My vision blurrs 
Enveloped in hurried hues.
The velvet shades rushing through
Creating something that allures.

The soul inspiration
An unexpected vision
Bestowed with clarity
By a gentle Firefly.

Fingers itched for days 
As the tints and shades
Stewed in the inner depths
Of my mind's eye.

The cloche uncovered 
Only to permit 
A delicate, rich red hue
Tangled on a white platter.

A hint of blue
Was the glue
Transcending night and day.
That twinkling yellow-green tail-light

Tenderly guides me through
The chants of an old sage
And an open plain
Welcoming the new day at dawn's twilight.

The First Summer's Rain

--15 March, 2011
Serenity
Does it truly exist?

Scientists say
Atoms never stop jiggling
Just as the world
Never stops spinning.

But you and I 
What do we see?
Chaos and destruction
Essence
Or enchanted emotion?

Water
Does it stand still?

I see it dance 
To the rhythm of rock hands
I hear it sing
The heavenly hymns. 

The spindle turns
The child within yearns
Never to stand still
Never to be run of the mill. 

The heavens open
The curious eyes strike gold
They see it
The quick ears perk up
They hear it...

The first summer's rain
Water and Serenity 
In the same bylane.


No comments:

Post a Comment