Saturday, April 2, 2011

Churning Buttery Thoughts

Reflection comes naturally now. Thoughts that intrigue me. Emotions that stir my heart and mind. Feels like an Amber Spyglass or Invisible Ink. Everything means more than one or even many things that mean just one thing. Contraction or expansion, proximity churns all those little things in my mind. It reminds me of when you put a drop of ink on tissue paper and it sploges out or rechargeable batteries which fade out and then back at full strength again. Language is just a medium just like paint or crayons or ingredients. The best part is I get to mould it the way I want. Posting my bloggy entry a bit tardy allows me to do some of that reflection. and the four poems that follow shows a different side of me but also maybe seen or understood differently by different people.

On February 14, 2011, I was sitting at a coffeeshop in Trivandrum by myself, killing a lot of time, trying desperately to read a french book and texting incessantly. But my thoughts overtook both my activities and left me in a haze of words and a rather funny looking drawing. :)

If...I would...


If time stopped
Never to move again
I would close my eyes and dream
Until I was walking on water.

If the wind
Never blew a breeze again
I would turn into a mammoth
And flap my giant ears.

If memories fell through
A mind's cracks
I would cheer a heart with deed
Until they were restored.

If the Sun was to
Never shine again
I would cast a spell on the Moon
And chant it in Ancient Rune.

If a child was determined
To never smile again
I would play the same song over and over
Until it became his cheerful refrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment